SMS or short message service, sometimes referred to as text messaging, is a viable marketing tool for keeping in touch with current customers.
Text message marketing is an interactive marketing technique that utilizes text messaging and is effectively being used by consumer brands, TV and radio stations, entertainers, sports teams, and many other large, national organizations to provide alerts, offers, news, deals, updates, coupons, and other time-sensitive information to their customers, wherever those customers may be.
Shoals Online Advertising designs, develops, and executes text message marketing campaigns of varying sizes, and is expert at developing comprehensive text message marketing and communication solutions that have many ”moving parts”. Our technology platform consists of text messaging and databox monitoring components that are typically combined to create sophisticated, integrated mobile solutions for its clients.
Text Messaging Program
Shoals Online Advertising offers a low cost texting platform by which you can build an opted-in database of subscribers, and then send text alerts to them as needed. We have many restaurant owners who use this service very effectively to drive repeat business.
This is how it works>
1. Subscribers sign up to receive text alerts from you by texting your unique mobile keyword to our short code (41242). Your keyword is typically your restaurant name or an abbreviation.
Example: “Text FRANKSPIZZA to 41242 to get updates and offers from us once a week”
Put this verbiage on a sign in your window, in your print ads, on flyers, on posters, on your menu, on table tents… everywhere! Soon you will have a sizable subscriber base.
2. Once you build a subscriber base in this manner,simply send your message to us and the date/time you want it delivered and we will blast them out to your subscribers. The texts are delivered through our Mobile Messaging Platform, so that the “sending phone number” will appear as 41242.
3. Send out “football specials” on Sunday afternoon, “after school” specials to catch the high school and junior high crowd, “mid-week” coupons for the busy family, etc.
4. If you have a mobile website, we will embed a link to your mobile website right in the text message. So, you should set up a “Specials” page in the Menu section of your mobile website, and drive your customers directly to that page with a link in text message.
- Initial Text Message Campaign Setup Fee – $250
- Text messages are pre-purchased in bulk for $0.12 per outgoing message. Incoming messages are free.
- Keywords are $20 per keyword per month. A keyword is required to run a text messaging campaign.
Sample Text Packages (Packages Include 1 Keyword for First Month)
|500 Texts||$80 = (.12 X 500 + $20)|
The project will take approximately 3 business days to complete upon initial payment.
- Setup Fee of $250 is paid at start of campaign.
- Mobile Keywords are paid in advance on the first of every month, via credit card on file or PayPal.
- Text message credits are purchased in advance, in increments of 100, via credit card on file or PayPal.
- Message credits are then used as required when outgoing messages are sent.
- The Mobile Messaging Platform allows for automatically purchasing more Message Credits, when the balance becomes zero.
- You may also manually purchase Message Credits as needed from within the Mobile Messaging Platform.
Shoals Online Advertising uses a powerful service platform, which we use to create effective and high-ROI mobile solutions for our clients:
Our Mobile Messaging Platform provides a comprehensive set of mobile messaging tools and services that enable us to create optimized text messaging campaigns for any market segment and business, enabling our clients to send important, time sensitive messages to their opted-in audience.
Our Cellular Partners
- Verizon Wireless
- Virgin Mobile
- Majority of other US partners
Our Mobile Messaging Platform is also connected to over 600 international cellular carriers, and can deliver text messages at low cost to virtually any mobile phone on the planet.